FNB BANK SUPPORTS THE 2ND ANNUAL EMPTY BOWLS PROJECT WITH A $500 DONATION
FNB Bank recently presented a check for $500 to support the second annual Graves County Empty Bowls Project, scheduled for Saturday, April 18, 2015 at Trace Creek Baptist Church. The Empty Bowls Project is an international grassroots movement with a mission to fight hunger locally and globally.  All proceeds from the event will benefit the Mayfield-Graves County Food Pantry, which served 3,856 local families in 2013.  

“We are proud to be a part of the second annual Empty Bowls Project,” stated Brooke Wiles, FNB Marketing Director.  “Each bowl sold for this project helps provide seven meals for someone in need.  FNB is community driven and our goal is to support events that make a difference in the lives of our community members.”

Currently, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides the Mayfield-Graves County Food Pantry with 25% of its food donations.  The remaining 75% relies on the donations from individuals, businesses and churches.  In addition to the food donated, the Pantry purchases on average $4,500 of food each month using cash donations.
The Empty Bowls fundraising event allows ticket holders to select a hand painted bowl and sample food provided by local restaurants.  After eating, participants can take their uniquely decorated bowl home as a constant reminder of the empty bowls in the world.

For more information on the Mayfield- Graves County Empty Bowls Project, contact Claudia Heath at (270) 705-6062.

FNB Bank, founded in 1875, is one of the oldest banks in the state of Kentucky and ranks among the highest in the nation in the area of safety and soundness.  The bank currently has eight locations:  Mayfield Main, Mayfield Southside, Wingo, Lone Oak, Paducah, Murray, Cadiz Main, and Cadiz West.  FNB is member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.  
No comments posted...
Leave a Comment
* Name
* Email (will not be published)
*
* Enter verification code
Please, type the capital of United Kingdom below to prove you are not a spambot?
*
* - Reqiured fields