History of FNB Bank

FNB Bank, Mayfield's oldest Bank, began in May of 1875 with a capitalization of $100,000.  The continued growth of capital and personal community service has allowed the Bank to operate independently for over 125 years.

The Bank was established by Major Henry S. Hale, who became the first Bank president. Succeeding Major Hale as presidents were D. B. Stanfield, Ed Gardner, C.C. Wyatt, C.V. Morgan, E.A. Ross, Frederick D. Blume, Ted Hudson, Jeff McDaniels and currently Marty Nichols.  Currently, the directors consist of Marty Nichols, Charles Shields, Kenny Hunt, Tony Goodman, Ben Cundiff, Pete Mahurin, Jim Woods, Howard Cochran, Mary Jo Lewis and George Covington.

The original building, on the corner of Seventh and Broadway, was remodeled in 1921 and burned in 1936.  In 1937, a new building was built, and in 1964, a major addition was added. In 1983, FNB Bank was purchased by Jackson Financial Corporation, a one-Bank holding company established by Mr. Blume (named after the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky).  In 2007, all Jackson Financial stock was purchased by local investors.

In the fall of 2008, the current board members, local officials and executive management broke ground on the new main office building in downtown Mayfield.  In May of 2009, the employees of the Mayfield office moved into the new beautiful building located at 101 E. Broadway.  All operations, administrative and retail employees are now housed in the new office.  Shortly after the Grand Opening of the new facility, the original building that was built in 1937 was demolished.        
Over the years, FNB Bank acquired four Banks in the area, including City National Bank, Farmer's Bank of Mayfield, the Bank of Farmington in 1987 and most recently the Mayfield and Cadiz locations of Integra Bank.

FNB Bank opened the Paducah Loan Production Office in November 1998, and in spring 2000 received permission from the Kentucky Legislature to convert to a full service location.

In January 1999, the Wingo branch of FNB Bank located at 52 Exchange Street opened.  At that time the only Bank in Wingo closed after selling to another financial organization.

The Bank decided to open a Lone Oak Branch at 3445 Lone Oak Road in 2001, which was more centrally located between Paducah and Mayfield.  The location includes a modern Banking facility with three drive-thru lanes.

On August 1, 2008, FNB opened a branch in Calloway County, Kentucky located at 1304 Chestnut Street, Suite E, in Murray, Kentucky.   

On April 28, 2010, FNB announced the purchase of the Mayfield and Cadiz, Kentucky locations of Integra Bank.  On Monday, September 27, 2010, Integra Bank’s offices in Mayfield, located at 408 East Broadway and in Cadiz, located at 2558 Main Street and 1197 Canton Road opened their doors as FNB Bank, Inc.  Soon after the conversion, FNB broke ground on a new Mayfield South office, located at 310 Charles Drive.  The 408 East Broadway location closed and moved to its new home on August 22, 2011. 

As of today, FNB operates 8 offices in 4 counties; Graves, McCracken, Calloway, and Trigg.

Share this post

Submit to DeliciousSubmit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn
Mayfield Main
101 E Broadway
Mayfield, KY 42066
270-247-1758
Mayfield South
310 Charles Drive
Mayfield, KY 42066
270-247-1352
Lone Oak
3445 Lone Oak Rd

Paducah, KY 42003
270-554-1748
Paducah
630 Jefferson St
Paducah, KY 42001
270-442-7395
Murray
1445 Lowes Dr
Murray, KY 42071
270-767-1240
Wingo
9606 State Route 45 S
Wingo, KY 42088
270-376-5859
Cadiz Main
2558 Main Street
Cadiz, KY 42211
270-522-6021
Cadiz West
1197 Canton Road
Cadiz, KY 42211
270-522-3256